About the Job
Community Grants, Planning, & Housing (CGP&H), a municipal consulting firm, is an established leader in in all aspects of affordable housing administration (including government funded home rehabilitation programs), grant writing and municipal planning. We are seeking an experienced and professional inspector to conduct residential inspections, identifying and documenting code substandard systems in occupied single family and multi-family housing. This inspector will join our housing rehab team, currently on a part-time basis. Our office is located in Cranbury right off Exit 8A on the Turnpike, though we are looking for someone willing to travel throughout New Jersey to perform inspections.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience conducting residential inspections.
- Previous residential construction experience required.
- Strong defect recognition skills in residential construction, including plumbing, heating, HVAC, electrical, and structural defects.
- NJ Rehabilitation Subcode knowledge required
- NJ Building Inspector license - minimum current RCS license
- Valid driver's license, current auto insurance, and reliable transportation
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft WORD (including document merge), Excel, emailing, texting.
- Professional and courteous demeanor in communicating with general contractors and housing program participants
- Integrity and strong work ethic. Punctual and ability to work unsupervised
- Must be willing to travel throughout New Jersey
- Available during weekday standard business hours
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a professional manner
- Ability to prepare detailed, biddable, descriptions of repairs using company specifications in company format (Training provided)
- Ability to timely communicate with CGP&H staff, contractors and homeowners
- Must have smartphone for level of communication needed
Other experience that would make you great at this job (but not required):
- NJ Home inspector experience
- Knowledge of HUD housing rehabilitation standards
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
Competitive wages based on experience, skills and industry benchmarks.
Travel and phone work related expenses reimbursed
Please visit our websites to learn more about our company at www. cgph. net and our housing rehabilitation programs at www. hip. cgph. net. CGP&H is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Putting your cover letter in the body of the email is fine.
• Post ID: 52718732 centraljersey