Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:07 PM
Job Function: IT
Contract Type: Regular Employment
Job Level: Professional
Sub:department: Office Location: Secaucus, NJ (SEC) Travel Required: No Selection Start Date: The Panalpina Group is one of the worlds leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor:made end:to:end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and employs around 16,000 people worldwide. We are looking to hire a Regional IT Business Solutions Systems Consultant AME to:
* Participate in the analysis of systems reengineering in relation to customer and core applications in an effort to increase productivity.
* To provide analytical expertise to regional, country and district teams regarding required changes in business processes for customer and core applications.
* Analyze how new requirements from the products, finance, regional and district teams can be supported by enhancing existing functionality of systems.
* Assist PMO team in creating reasonable project plans, along with BRF and BRS documents.
* Identify gaps between local business practices and locally used core and customer applications in various areas within the AME Region, taking into consideration global business processes and systems functionality.
* Analyze how gaps in the process can be solved by enhancing the process and system, taking into consideration productivity and cost for development.
* Based on input obtained from various team members, proactively try to identify gaps in the process/system and propose a way to become more efficient within the existing system/core or customer application.
* Create recommendations for the Change Control Board and Management with required level of detail and costs.
* Write and manage business documentation, to include business process documents, Visio and training materials. Work closely with business teams.
* Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on specific topics.
* Support Regional Business Solutions Project Manager and PMO team with ad:hoc projects, as required.
* Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or engineering related discipline or :5 years' experience in the forwarding industry.
* Education in process management
* Experience in process and system analysis.
* Industry experience (minimum 5 years)
* Knowledge of freight forwarding business processes and operations application environment.
* Knowledge of process modeling and management methods combined with practical experience in process analysis and improvement.
* Ability to envision the "big picture" while analyzing the details.
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to work in diverse environments.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Good presentation skills
* Forward thinking with the ability to stay focused.
* Working knowledge of Supply Chain Systems/Applications.
* Working knowledge of MS:Office tools, Visio, and related software applications.
* Knowledge of SAP TM is a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
• Location: Central Jersey, secaucus
• Post ID: 46008642 centraljersey