Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 8:03 PM
Job Function: Cross:Product Functions
Contract Type: Regular Employment
Job Level: Professional
The Panalpina Group is one of the worlds leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor:made end:to:end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries and employs around 16,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Customs Services Supervisor. Under the direction of the Business Unit Manager of Customs Services, this position will lead their respective team in all operational disciplines involving the entry and clearance of imported goods, ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction while ensuring compliance with CBP (U.S. Customs and Border Protection) and related Government Agency regulatory requirements.
Team Lead Tasks:
* Ensure compliance with CBP and PGA.
* Assist in managing the workload of his/her respective team to ensure timely customs clearances.
* Work with customers and team to improve KPI processes through automation and proactive leadership.
* Assist the Customs Manager and Supervisor to assure the local implementation of USA Corporate Guidelines and/or standard procedures as outlined in the company's IMS (Integrated Management System) and k:web, and as directed by the Area Customs Clearance Manager USA.
* Assist the Customs Manager and Supervisor to assure proper information flow with sales on changes and/or problems with external customers, with specific focus on Customs Compliance.
* Assist in ensuring proper training and education of the lead's staff and provide adequate cross:training.
* Meet with the Business Unit Customs Services Manager and Supervisor on a regular basis to review performance of their team and how to improve processes.
* Visit principle customers regularly and accompany sales staff on visits, if needed, to assist with an effective Importer Compliance Implementation for key customers, as per published Compliance guidelines.
* Assist with the processing of RFQ's.
* Evaluate department's KPI performance on a regular (Monthly) basis using measurement standards and tools provided by Area Compliance and take corrective action, as needed.
* Maintain continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies and improve performance to customers.
* Assist in ensuring personnel are trained, technically competent and well informed of changes in customer service requirements and regulatory matters.
* Increase competency level of import personnel to ensure quality, compliance and outstanding customer service is provided.
* Ensure the timely processing of transactions by proactively monitoring the KPI reports for pre:clearance.
Entry Writer Tasks:
* Process Customs Entries, i.e. classify invoice, file remotely, EDR, inspection requests.
* Verify Customer has POA and/or Customs Bond in the system.
* Open Customs files when necessary.
* Attend hand carry clearances as needed at designated airport.
* Process release with Customs and any applicable OGA.
* Review documents for accuracy on importers name and address, delivery address, pieces and weight, entry type code, bond code, location of goods, Customs classification, I.T. number and country of origin.
* Transmit information to ABI, verify results and make corrections if necessary.
* Check Customs release for discrepancies and placing release package in file.
* Transmit payment of Customs duties via ACH and submit required copies.
* Manage exceptions with involved parties.
* Complete Brokerage Billing on all files.
* Send out billing on Third Party files.
* Answer all Red Light /Green Light requests from Origin offices or Customers.
* Ensure the payable and receivable documents are completed accurately and forwarded on time.
* Ensure that files contain all
• Location: Central Jersey, secaucus
• Post ID: 51409747 centraljersey